Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Inspiration

Okay, so there is more than one reason why I decided to create this "Scatter Sunshine" blog.

1. Right now I am working on my final value experience for Personal Progress. This experience is found in Good Works #3. The requirements for this experience are as
follows:

Read Mosiah 18:7-10, and in your journal list three ways you can comfort others or help them
bear their burdens. Do the things on your list, and tell a family member or Young Women
leader about the experience and how your attitude and understanding have changed.

This particular experience I have really struggled to finish because every time I start it I
forget what I'm supposed to be working on! So, of course, this Good Works #3 was
put off until I had no more experiences to work on. I've been brainstorming ways to
make myself remember to do it, and this blog is what I came up with.

First though, I will list the three ways I am going to comfort others or help them bear
burdens: 1. I will give compliments daily, 2. I will encourage others and uplift them
instead of bringing them down, 3. I will send little notes or letters out to people that
might be in need of some comfort.

I am hoping that this little blog will make me want to work on Good Works #3.
Hopefully even after two weeks of working on this experience I will continue to work on
this blog, scattering sunshine as often as I can. I am dedicating this blog to others.
This blog will only be to compliment others and to praise and encourage them.

2. My second reason is because of my Aunt Holly. She has the coolest blog, and ever
since she made hers I've wanted to have one as well. Holly posts all kinds of uplifting
things. Her goal is to have a sunshiny blog, not one that is criticizing and sarcastic.
I have copied her in this sense, my objective being to uplift others and scatter a little
sunshine!

Because I have somewhat stolen Holly's clever blog theme thing, I've decided that she
shall be my first victim of compliments and praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment